Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another Milestone for us

My Ruvie will be officially attending Nursery at Changi Bethany Kindy, beginning tomorrow. Sniff sniff.

I brought him down today with his sister for a trial session as agreed with the new Principal (who was Ray's K2 English teacher, congratulations Principal Patsy! May the Lord bless you with the vision and passion which He has prepared for you, to lead this school, and may you bring it to greater heights under His guidance and will.)

At first, he began crying when he saw that there were little children in the classroom, and wanted to go back to the car, but I "manhandled" and carried him in. He sat on my knee with his fists in his eyes and refused to look at anything at all. Finally, Teacher Rose brought over an animal puzzle to tempt him with and we managed to get him to forget the others and begin to play. Shortly after that he was fine so Ray and I "escaped" to the office to enrol him officially.

When school was over, that little boy was smilingly holding onto his teacher's hand, and nodded his head when asked whether he'd like to come again tomorrow. Hallelujah!

For the next 2 school days I will still have to stay at the school, but outside the classroom, "just in case". Recalling Ray's first day at CBK, I didn't even stay with her. We took the school bus together, then before I handed her over to the teacher I told her to follow instructions and I would meet her when the school bus brought her home. And that was that. But then she's always been very independent, and had already made a friend on that first trip to school, so there was no need to worry.

I will seriously be entering that juggling phase that I've seen my friends go through, most notably Rita, heh heh. Bring #1 and #2 to pick #3 from school , then send #1 to school then #2 to school, then go to ILs to pick up #4, then to the office/shop, or some such. I've always marvelled at how well-thought-out their schedules were!

I will really get some "free time" inbetween, so I hope to take up some volunteer work with Ray's school, signed up so long ago but have had no chance so far to really participate.

Here's to the next mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment