Saturday, March 22, 2008

Time of the month

There are a few days each month that I am always very happy, because although I get some discomforts such as cramps and backache, I am reminded again of how much I love my Mooncup, and how it has revolutionised my life.

Ever since puberty, I have had to deal with itches and broken skin, because my skin is very sensitive, even to my own bodily fluids. Ten years of sports training served to make that worse, and although tampons were available, I simply couldn't overcome the mental stigma to use them (it didn't help that getting to know my own body was more or less a taboo, so I had no idea where which part was).

I finally started using tampons sometime after the birth of my first child (heh heh, knew my parts better then), but the dangers of Toxic Shock Syndrome were always printed very clearly on the packaging, and you may be sure I never forgot them.

It was certainly a great relief to find the Mooncup just before I conceived my second child, but I held off on getting one at the time because I hoped to have a VBAC (didn't happen).

So here I am with my B Mooncup, having itch-free days, doing my part for the Earth, saving money for my dear husband, and setting a good example for my daughter (she knows where it goes). Only thing is I tend to forget to empty often enough on my heavy days, so dark-coloured underwear is a must.

Ok, I think it's almost time to empty again d:)

Thank you Ginny, for bringing in the Mooncup to Singapore so many years ago, and for allowing me to carry on this splendid tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment