Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Happy Birthday Ruvie

Who is now sitting on my study floor saying, "Eh mamamam... Eh mamama..." to himself. He woke up this morning to Happy Birthday songs from Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore and Barney, and he loved them. We will be going for his birthday dinner at Crystal Jade Shanghai La Mian XiaoLongBao later this evening.

And we'll be collecting his Winnie the Pooh cake later from Bengawan Solo. When trying to decide what design to order earlier this month, I had been considering a Barney cake (official ones can be found at Prima Deli with a marzipan Barney pic, 10% off for UOB and HSBC card holders ). Turned out the little one prefers Pooh after all, because we bought him a Barney soft toy (granted it wasn't very soft), but he still prefers his Pooh bolster when he wants to nan-nan.

On a totally different note, Ruvie has lost loads of weight in the last year. All of my friends and relatives will remember how chubby he was when he was a baby (13kg at 10 months!) and now at 2yo, he is about 10.6kg, somewhere around his sister's weight when she was this age. So there you have it, breastfed babies will lose their puppy fat! And maybe, just MAYBE, he will be able to fit into the XL BrightBots which he outgrew at 6mo.

Now I need to go find something to satisfy my hunger since I know my family will never be able to "achieve" an early dinner.

1 comment: