Thursday, October 14, 2010

And the EC begins all over again

With #1, breastfeeding was my main challenge (and a tough one too). By the time #2 came around, I was determined to try my hand at EC (the new thing). I suppose this time it's a given since we already did it full time previously.

This baby was designed for EC. Whereas his jiejie and gorgor pooed in drips and drabs, making catching their poo practically futile, he, for lack of a better word,"consolidates" it into a few times a day, and starts pushing and grunting very obviously in addition to turning red in the face. I recall when Rv was an infant, he peed immediately upon stirring, and thus we had to be intensely vigilant. However this little one is usually able to hold for at least half a minute, leastways till I got to him. We usually make it to the bathroom. Or the little bottle.

My problem is that I do not have enough pocket diapers for use when we go out. At home we're using folded flat + liner + cover, and this combination is hell to put back on when you're at a busy market. I regret altering most of the pockets I made for Rv to become training pants without soakers (WHAT had been going through my head then??). And I am no longer in the sewing mood (nor do I have the time). Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment