Monday, April 30, 2007

Review of the BKK trip

What I remember most - the heat. Traffic. Food. The heat. Shopping. People. Did I mention the heat? Oh I did. And Tuk-tuks.

Ray and I enjoyed our rides on the Tuk-tuks very much, and it's my regret that I didn't manage to get a good shot of one or other of us in one.

Unfortunately, because Ruvie was just not well enough, we spent a lot of time in our hotel room, either trying to get him to sleep or waiting for him to wake up from his nap. He wouldn't eat at all, not even his favourite sausages and bacon, and nursed occasionally, so I got pretty worried. In fact, he's noticeably lighter and thinner now. But his appetite seems better.

We did consider taking turns to go shopping, and I did manage to cover quite a bit on our 3rd day, with Ray in tow. We went all over Baiyoke Sky (to find they had nothing we wanted), then we headed over to Indra Square, and got a headstart on real shopping, all within 2 hrs.

I need to go look for this OTHER wholesale centre Lynn was talking about, seems they have lots of hair accessories, real cheap. Wonder when I'll get a chance to go again? Especially since I'd much rather get to Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment