Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It's the now

I was watching my son tonight. He was flipping through an IKEA catalogue by himself, pointing at things and talking...

"This Mommy this Ah Zai (himself)... where's Daddy and JieJie... There he is!... And that one and that one... Yoohoo!... This one!... Round and round and round and... Wheeeee!... That one!..." Went on for quite some time.

He does this pretty often, while playing with toys or flipping through some book or magazine. I guess it's got a lot to do with Dora the Explorer and Blue's Clues. Funny how when he mutters it's in English and not Cantonese. And he does seem more rough than Ray was at this age. Ray was very sweet and gentle-voiced when playing with her toys (still is). Time to go get a copy of Raising Boys.

I gotta remind myself to take more time watching and playing with the kids, especially Rayzel, before they grow too old to want my attention anymore. Business can wait (for a little while), entertainment can wait as well (I altogether spend too much time at the computer).

Just watching them can be such a joy, well maybe till the point when they start to fight over something.

No comments:

Post a Comment