Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Scavenger hunt

I sent the two older kids on a simple scavenger hunt around the neighbourhood late yesterday afternoon in the hope of letting them expand some energy, as well as obtaining some peace for myself. Or what peace I can get with only the tot around.

At least I didn't have to deal with complaints of "I'm bored", "I've nothing to do". Or having to find new excuses NOT to allow use of the TV or computer or iPad. Seriously, I am thankful for technology, but it's hard to explain to older kids why they MAY NOT. I don't think the old "Because I say so" reason is enough for them anymore.

On the list are:
Different types of leaves and flowers
Tree bark rubbings
 Rubbish (discarded paper, plastic)
Bird feather
Weird but plausible things such as pencil, shoelace, etc.

I did warn them NOT to pluck any leaves or flowers from living plants, but only to pick up what they can find on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment