Saturday, December 31, 2011

The last 2 hours of 2011

As I look back on the last year (after all, the end of the year is coming and that's what a lot of people do right? look back on the past year), I feel as though I've covered a lot, but it also seems as though I've done nothing at all.

Perhaps much is lost in the mundaneness of life, being a work at home mother, caring for a baby, and attending to the routines of the family. I have grown in some areas - philosophically, physically(hah! horizontally), and hopefully, mentally. I think about a lot of things I never ever used to consider, including life and death.

On a happier note, one thing we have finally conquered as a family is overcoming the fear of driving to Malaysia on our own. Incredible but true - both HL and I have always had this fear that we will get mugged or have our car stolen. But we did it.

We started out by driving up to Melaka for a 2 nights stay. Only had a few quick looks at the maps before we left and just relied on our not-so-trustworthy instincts all the way. So after we got back safe and sound, we decided to take a day trip up to Jusco Tebrau City. As the Chinese saying goes, 一回生二回熟, we were a little more used to the Malaysian road system, although we did take a couple of wrong turns that ate up almost an hour.

So someone is already looking forward to and making plans for the next short school hols d:)

Have a Blessed 2012 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment