Sunday, April 18, 2010

First Antenatal Appointment at 20 weeks

I will be seeing Paul for the first time tomorrow. Many have expressed their surprise that I haven't gone earlier. "Can meh?" they ask with raised eyebrows and eyes wide open. Why not? I counter, will the police come and haul you off to the clink?

The point is that I am comfortable with my actions, based on what I know. If there is something wrong, I will accept it. This is making an informed decision, and I have all my birthing friends (you know whom you are) to thank.

I have also decided that I WILL go for the developmental scan and bear the discomfort of lying on my back for an hour. This after talking through with HL and a close neighbour and friend, so we can prepare for any possible problems.

Other than that, I'm not thinking much about this pregnancy or the birth. I believe I have made my preparations (short of taking the appropriate bag of baby clothes from Mum!) all those years ago when I was expecting Rv and I have never really forgotten what I learnt.

My mind is turned to some other matters instead - renovation, garden, and my work. A lot to consider, and alas, I can multi-task, but not very well. It doesn't help that even at 20 weeks I have horrid nausea days (like today) about once a week. And normal life has to go on - schedules, meals, laundry, cleaning, voluntary work...

Life is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment