Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Carrot Cake - 2nd try

It looks better after fridging - the cream cheese frosting didn't look so melty. Turned out great - except perhaps a little too moist or underbaked. I feel I could have drained the carrot, pineapple and raisins a little more so they weren't so... wet. But I dread to imagine what would have happened if I hadn't read the reviews and learnt that I have to drain the carrots. Recipe is Best Carrot Cake Ever from Allrecipes.com, with cream cheese frosting from somewhere on the same site.

My horrid first try at carrot cake was Awesome Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting which turned out so yucky that nobody could eat another bite after the first try and we threw the lot away. And we made a double batch! Moral of the story: always read the reviews first and try a single batch. Only attempt a bigger batch if you succeed at the first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment