Monday, September 11, 2006

Bedok Interchange Food Centre - Xue Hua Fei dessert stall

My family loves their watermelon bowl (Bing Dong Xi Gua). They've got 2 types of watermelon dessert I think, not sure what the difference is, but one's got corn the other hasn't. I like the one with corn. And also their chendul is (currently) the best I've tasted in Singapore, not that I've tasted that many of course.

The stall proprietor is very friendly (can't say the same for that of another dessert stall in the same food centre), very accommodating to all my "want this, don't want that". Only thing is they don't have hot desserts, at least I don't think so, but this is not a problem for me because I hardly eat hot ones from Bedok.

2 comments:

  1. hmm.. still trying to imagine what watermelon with corn tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's corn nibblets actually. IIRC, he uses Del Monte's cream-style corn nibblets, or something to that effect.

    ahh... you may not know this, but there's a Tampines Circular Market, upgraded not very long ago, that also has a good watermelon/corn dessert, but they don't use shaved ice, only er, ice pieces, so not so nice lah. but after a hot morning of marketing, it's really refreshing to sit down and have one of 'em.

    i wonder whether rita knows what i'm talking about d:)

    ReplyDelete