Monday, August 28, 2006

Beauty Tips Chapter 1

For almost a year, I'd been having these red eczema-like patches on my face, on my forehead too. No amount of steroid cream could help, and my asthma doctor also said that IHO, it didn't look like the eczema normally related to asthmatic conditions. I didn't want to go to the National Skin Centre (no money, no time).

So I stopped using the Elomet, Cetaphil, moisturisers, and decided to seek some alternative method in the hope of finding a cure somewhere. The answer, surprisingly, was so fundamental that if I didn't see it on some Taiwanese variety show, I wouldn't have believed it.

I wash my face with only cold water. And I avoid washing it more than I can help it. If I have to freshen up in the mornings, it is only with cold water, and no facial foam.

And I also stopped using J&J's Clean and Clear, learning from my family physician that anti-acne facial foams tend to be more acidic in nature (and hence more drying on the skin). Both HL and I are now sharing this Shokobutsu facial foam with dunno-what-gel for sensitive skin. So far so good.

And while we're at this, the same goes for my hair. Shower in water no hotter than 38C. The higher the temperature of the water, the more natural oils you lose from your skin and hair, leaving it dry and lifeless. I usually try to adjust the mixer till the water's cool to the touch. Same goes for the kids, want to keep their skin and hair nice, soft and shiny. As a result we tend to shower earlier these days (otherwise it gets too cold for cool water), and we probably save more on electricity.

If I come across anymore tips, I'll be sure to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment